The Centre for Multi-disciplinary Research is being functioned under the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences. The members of the eleven departments of the faculty, nearly 130, are the researchers of the Centre. In addition, it pervades the boundaries whenever it needs the involvement of other faculties.
Vision and Mission
In par with the vision of the University, the vision of the Multi-disciplinary research centre is to prosper lives through conducting research related to Humanities and Social Sciences. The mission of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences is to contribute to the development of the community and the nation at large through the dissemination and enhancement of knowledge enriched with the country’s cultural heritage. As such the mission of the research centre is to fulfill the faculty’s mission by engaging in multi-disciplinary studies.
The main objective of this centre is to increase the research output of the members of the faculty with the interaction of local and foreign public and private sector organizations, academics and practitioners.
- Prof. Charmalie Nahallage (Director) – Department of Sociology and Anthropology, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Dr. D.P.S. Chandrakumara – Department of Economics, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Ven. Prof. Madagampitiye Vijitha Damma – Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Ven. Dr. Pinnawala Sangasumana – Department of Geography, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Dr. W.B.A. Witharana – Department of Languages, Cultural Studies and Performing Arts, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Dr. Sujeewa Hettiarachchi – Department of English, University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- Deputy Registrar – Invited y Senior Assistant Bursar – Invited
The Centre is managing an outstation research centre/museum at Mathugama, where large number of artifacts, fossils, ola leaves and other important collections of Archaeological, Anthropological and Geological items are available to conduct Multidisciplinary studies for the students and staff of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Conference proceedings
- Published the Conference Proceedings of the International Conference on Pali and Buddhist Studies organized by the Department of Pali and Buddhist Studies of Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Publishing the Conference Full paper Book of the Folklore Research Conference organized by the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences and the Cultural Center of the university.
- Any other publications (Books, Book chapters, reports etc.)
- Composed and recorded 10 original research oriented music tracks by the Department of Languages Cultural Studies and performing Arts (The original tracks will be released in March 2018 as a CD).