Seventeen Research Centres currently operate under the Research Council. These centres have founded within respective faculties due to commitment and dedication of enthusiastic academicians with strong research backgrounds. With the establishment of the RC-USJ, all such centres have brought under its purview, creating a common research and development innovation platform for the convergence and cooperation. They are as follows:
11. Innovation Centre for Robotics & Intelligent System (RIS)- Faulty of Applied Sciences
13. Centre for Estate Management and Valuation, Research and Professional Development Centre (EMVRPC)
15. Centre for Governance and Public Policy
16. Plant Materials and Herbal Products Research Centre
THE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
Each Research Centre will consist of a Board of Management as follows.
- Members of the board (a maximum of 5 members)
- External member (a maximum of 2)
- Co-opted members y Chairperson of the Faculty Research Committee – Ex-officio post
- Senior Assistant Bursar of the Faculty – Ex-officio post
The meetings of the Board of Management of the respective Research Centre shall be conducted monthly. The minutes of the respective meetings and the three monthly progress reports should be submitted to the working committee, which will be held once in 2 months a time. The Directors of the Research Centres should discuss the problems, the progress and the fund utilizations at the working committee meeting. The working committee will submit a detailed report to the Research Council once in six months.