Twenty one Research Centres currently operate under the Research Council. These centres have been founded within the respective Faculties by committedand enthusiastic academics with strong research backgrounds. With the establishment of the RC-USJ, all such centres have been brought under its purview, creating a common research and development innovation platform for the convergence and cooperation.
They are as follows:
11. Innovation Centre for Robotics & Intelligent System (RIS)- Faulty of Applied Sciences
13. Research and Professional Development Centre (EMVRPC) Department of Estate Management and Valuation,
15. Research Centre for Governance and Public Policy
18. Non Communicable Diseases Research Centre(NCDRC) – Faculty of Medical Sciences
19. Centre for Mindfulness-based Research and Practices – Faculty of Medical Sciences
20. Centre for Advanced Forensic Research – Faculty of Medical Sciences
21. Centre for Marine Science and Technology (CMST) –Faculty of Applied Sciences
THE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
The Management Structure
Each Research Centre will consist of a Board of Management as follows.
Members of the board
Senior Assistant Bursar of the Faculty-Ex-officio post
The meetings of the Board of Management of the respective Research Centre shall be conducted once in three months a time. The minutes of the respective meetings and the three-monthly progress reports should be submitted to the Board of Management of Research Centres, which will be held once in three months a time. The Directors of the Research Centres should present progress and discuss any problems encountered at these meetings. The Board of Management of Research Centres shall submit a detailed report to the Research Council on a quarterly basis.