Twenty three Research Centres currently operate under the Research Council. These centres have been founded within the respective Faculties by committedand enthusiastic academics with strong research backgrounds. With the establishment of the RC-USJ, all such centres have been brought under its purview, creating a common research and development innovation platform for the convergence and cooperation.
They are as follows:
11. Innovation Centre for Robotics & Intelligent System (RIS)- Faulty of Applied Sciences
13. Centre for Real Estate Studies
15. Research Centre for Governance and Public Policy
18. Non Communicable Diseases Research Centre(NCDRC) – Faculty of Medical Sciences
19. Centre for Advanced Forensic Research – Faculty of Medical Sciences
20. Centre for Marine Science and Technology (CMST) –Faculty of Applied Sciences
22. Geophysics and Geodesy Research Centre
23. Centre for Scientific Computing and Advanced Drug Discovery
THE MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE
The Management Structure
Each Research Centre will consist of a Board of Management as follows.
Members of the board
Senior Assistant Bursar of the Faculty-Ex-officio post
The meetings of the Board of Management of the respective Research Centre shall be conducted once in three months a time. The minutes of the respective meetings and the three-monthly progress reports should be submitted to the Board of Management of Research Centres, which will be held once in three months a time. The Directors of the Research Centres should present progress and discuss any problems encountered at these meetings. The Board of Management of Research Centres shall submit a detailed report to the Research Council on a quarterly basis.
CRITERIA FOR THE RESEARCH CENTRES
Following decisions were made in the Research Council at its 51st meeting held on 8th October 2020.
- Research Centres cannot provide itself grants from its budget approved by the Research Council.
- Research Centres should not utilize the allocated funds by the Research Council for conducting/organizing research conference or symposia. All funds should be utilized only for research purposes.
- Funds for the next period will be allocated based on the progress (Key Performance Indicators – KPIs) of the previous period.
- In every publication submitted as progress, the name of the respective Research Centre should be mentioned and in the absence of such, Board of Management of Research centres (BOMRC) cannot accept that publication as an item of progress of the Respective Centre.
- If you are unable to take part in the progress presentations in the BOMRC, you need to nominate a person to present your progress.
- Hardcopies of the progress reports, summaries and related evidence should be submitted to the Research Council (for auditing purposes).
- Please refer Vidyodaya Vision (2nd Edition) for other stipulations.